Did you know that tooth decay can occur in a variety of ways but is most common via harmful acids in your mouth that cause dental erosion? For more information about tooth decay, consider the following:
– If left untreated, tooth decay can eventually bring about tooth loss.
– When a hole in your tooth enamel forms due to tooth decay, this is known as a cavity. Fortunately, cavities can be remedied with dental fillings.
– To stop the effects of tooth decay, schedule regular appointments with your dentists and don’t forget brush twice daily and floss once daily.
– Typically, tooth decay is caused by the development of plaque buildup in your mouth, which is a thin layer of bacteria capable of transforming sugars into harmful acids that can eat through tooth enamel.
– Tooth decay is a regular yet serious oral health ailment that is caused by the destruction of your tooth enamel.
If you would like to have your tooth enamel inspected by our team at America's Family Dental Tomball, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Gosnell, Dr. Turner, and our team at our dentist office in Tomball, Texas. To schedule a visit, please call us at 281.547.0542. Let us help you take charge of your future with a healthy smile!