Heart disease has been linked to your oral health. If you neglect your oral health, you could be setting your smile up for severe problems in your body. Keeping a healthy smile is essential for your overall health. That is why it is crucial for you to know your heart needs a healthy smile.
Our dentists, Dr. Josh Gosnell and Dr. Robert Turner, care about your oral health and are happy to help you in any way possible. That is why our team at America's Family Dental Tomball in Tomball, Texas, has provided you with information on the connection between your heart and your smile.
Here are some facts about the connection between heart disease and your oral health:
– Bacteria from your mouth that travels into your bloodstream can increase your risk for atherosclerosis, which refers to clogged arteries.
– Make sure to clean out your mouth every day to keep your risk low for heart disease.
– When mouth bacteria enter your bloodstream and reach your heart and latch on, you can end up suffering from endocarditis.
– Heart disease can arise due to the spread of bacteria from your mouth into your bloodstream.
– You can lower your risk for heart disease by routinely visiting your dentist for regular checkups and examinations.
– Heart disease can often arise due to poor oral health conditions related to your gums.
As you can see, there is a link between your oral health and your overall health. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you know it’s time to see a dental expert, please call us today at 281.547.0542 to make an appointment with a friendly member of our dental team.